ENGLISH / ESPAÑOL: 310-258-9677

<>


For over 30 years, Open Paths has fulfilled a vitally important need on the westside of Los Angeles and the Culver City area by serving those in need of mental health services, but cannot afford full-fee therapists. Open Paths strives to make beneficial, high-quality therapy a reality to the larger community. 75% of Open Paths’ clientele live with true financial hardship. Due to the center’s sliding-scale policy, many Open Paths’ clients pay only $30 to $40 per session.

Meet Our Staff...

Statistics and General Facts

Open Paths’ Board of Directors and staff of licensed and pre-licensed Marriage Family Therapists and pre-licensed Professional Clinical Counselors are dedicated to meeting the evolving mental health needs of the community, providing services to people of all ages, ethnic backgrounds and lifestyles in English or Spanish.

All therapists are carefully selected by our clinical staff in order to meet Open Paths’ professional standards of excellence, so that our clientele receive the most effective and compassionate mental health care possible.

Counseling_Staff_2015

Open Paths’ client demographics are 48% Latino; 36% Caucasian; 11% African American; 3% Other; 2% Asian-Pacific. Open Paths retains bilingual, bicultural therapists for clients more comfortable speaking in Spanish.

Open Paths is a recognized training center and is highly sought after by intern applicants throughout Los Angeles, with over 11,000 hours of outpatient services offered yearly.

In a volunteer capacity, Open Paths Counseling Center interns receive the training they need for licensure while helping the financially disadvantaged members of the community with affordable counseling and psychotherapy services. Many individuals are referred to Open Paths by other agencies in Los Angeles due to the center’s reputation in providing cost-effective, compassionate services to those in need of affordable mental health care.

Affordable Counseling in Los Angeles

Open Paths is cost-effective, with only 12 percent of our annual income used for non-program administrative costs. Pre-licensed counselors volunteer their services while licensed staff members are paid on the basis of the fees they generate and for hourly supervision. Open Paths does not receive government funding and is not limited by those requirements.

About 80 percent of Open Paths’ annual income comes from client fees, leaving 20 percent needed from Foundation, Corporation and private donors to continue offering essential services to the underserved members of our community. > We gratefully welcome your donation of time, energy and funds.