Open Paths is a recognized training center and is highly sought after by intern applicants throughout Los Angeles. With over 11,000 hours of outpatient services given yearly, we assist interns in getting the training they need while helping the disadvantaged and underserved.Email us for more information
Training Programs for Marriage and Family Therapist Trainees and Interns
Open Paths offers a well-respected training program where pre-licensed Marriage and Family Therapy students and interns can learn the skills of becoming caring, competent therapists.
In addition to comprehensive training in individual, relationship, marital, child and family counseling, we offer special training programs in domestic violence and school counseling. Experienced licensed supervisors work closely with all interns and trainees.
Open Paths’ general counseling program requirements:
- Attend weekly Thursday afternoon training meetings from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Schedule clients for some daytime, evening and weekend hours.
- Maintain 8-10 clients and co-facilitate one support group.
- Deliver 32 sessions of counseling per month for Interns or 22 session for Trainees.
- Answer agency intake phone a minimum of two hours per week.
- Pay monthly administrative fee of $75.
The Another Way Program requires Sunday afternoons from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. for group supervision.
The Elementary School Counseling Program requires Thursday mornings from 10:00 a.m. to noon for group supervision.